Ques 1. What is AWS?
Ans 1. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is Amazon’s subsidiary that offers on-demand cloud computing platforms to people, businesses and governments, on a paid subscription basis.
With this technology the subscribers have a virtual cluster of computers, available all the time, through the Internet. The storage and computing power offered are on a lease as a managed service for pay per use basis.
Ques 2. What is Cloud Computing?
Ans 2. Cloud computing refers to the delivery of computing services over the internet/ cloud to offer faster innovation, flexible resources and economies of scale.
These services are:
- Servers, storage, databases
- Networking, software, analytics and intelligence
You only need to pay for cloud services that you use, which results in reducing operating costs, running infrastructure efficiently and scaling as business needs change.
Ques 3. What are types of cloud computing services?
Ans 3. The types of cloud computing services are as under:
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) offers basic building blocks such as virtual or dedicated hardware, networking access on a pay-as-per-use basis to customers, thus, eliminating expenses after purchasing infrastructure, space, and maintenance, and focus on business improvement.
- Platform as a Service (PaaS) ensures management of hardware and operating systems and focuses on deploying products, reduce expenses after the purchase of infrastructure, space, and maintenance.
- Software as a Service (SaaS) provides complete management of end-user applications and management of infrastructure supporting these applications, as their service offerings.
Ques 4. Define and explain the three basic types of cloud services and the AWS products that are built based on them?
Ans 4. The three basic types of cloud services are Computing, Storage, Networking
- Computing – These include EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, Auto-Scaling etc.
- Storage – These include S3, Glacier, Elastic Block Storage, Elastic File System.
- Networking – These include VPC, Amazon CloudFront, Route53
Ques 5. What are the 5 major differences between AWS and OpenStack?
|Amazon Web Services (AWS) is Cloud system by Amazon, which includes all mainstream offerings of a cloud solution such as IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service) and SaaS (Software as a Service)||OpenStack system manages a large cluster of storage, networking resources, and computation across a data center, which is administered through a dash console or through an API based on OpenStack|
|Amazon Web Services (AWS), is primarily used by customers for it’s speed and its’ advantage of worldwide cloud hosting capability, and physical infrastructure volumes i.e. Data Center.||OpenStack is extremely well-designed, it serves businesses to set up their proprietary cloud-system based services on standard average hardware.|
|Essentially it gives its services through the internet in terms of Bandwidth, Storage and an Ad Hoc support for APIs.||It supports all open source technologies and works well with all popular enterprise software which makes it a perfect solution for diverse infrastructure|
|Amazon Web Services caters simple slicing, dicing, scan the barcode methodology and process, a simple child’s play flow to permit anyone to create cloud products.||OpenStack is still very complex at the big picture as it comprises of the below workflow; Download & InstallationAdministration & ConfigurationManagement and upgradation|
|With its On-demand usage-based cost model, Amazon Web Services (AWS) will be adequate for longer tenure projects.||However, OpenStack’s opensource free license factor is always a game changer.|
Ques 6. What are the main features of Amazon Web Services (AWS)?
Ans 6. Main features of AWS are listed below:
- Data Management and Data Transfer
- Compute & Networking
- Automation and Orchestration
- Operations and Management
- Security and Compliance
Ques 7. Explain the main components of Amazon Web Services.
Ans 7. Main components of AWS are described as under:
- Route 53: It is a highly scalable Domain Name System (DNS) web service. It helps to route end users to Internet applications by masking names like www.portalname.com to its numeric IP address like 192.168.0.1.
- Simple Storage Service (S3): It is a highly scalable, fast, inexpensive, and reliable data storage interface from Amazon web services used by many large organizations.
- Simple E-mail Service (SES): This is a hosted email service that uses Restful API call or via SMTP, for sending the notification, marketing, and transaction-related messages.
- Identity and Access Management (IAM): It is Identity and security management services for AWS account holders. It allows us to create and manage users, user groups thereby allow or deny access to AWS resources.
- Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2): It is the central ecosystem of AWS, responsible for on-demand and flexible computing resources. EC2 will help to configure security, networking, and storage and launch virtual servers as per need.
- Elastic Block Store (EBS): It offers a continuous storage system, which can be viewed in the instance as a hard drive. EBS helps create storage volumes and attach to Amazon EC2 instances.
- CloudWatch: It gathers key metrics and sets a series of alarms to inform users, in case there is trouble. Using CloudWatch, administrators can monitor multiple resources and instances from a single console such as virtual instances in EC2, Databases in RDS, Data stored in S3, Elastic Load Balancer, and Auto Scaling groups.
Ques 8. What is one of the biggest OTT platforms that is built on AWS?
Ans 8. One of the biggest OTT platforms that is built on AWS is “Netflix”; it also runs several services simultaneously on AWS regions.
Ques 9. List the use cases of AWS DevOps?
Ans 9. Five different use cases of AWS DevOps are:
- Infrastructure automation
- Collaboration and communication
- Infrastructure as Code
- Logging and Monitoring
Ques 10. List the core components of DevOps?
Ans 10. The six core components of DevOps are:
- Continuous testing
- Continuous integration
- Continuous feedback
- Continuous development
- Continuous monitoring
- Continuous deployment
Ques 11. List the core components in AWS?
Ans 11. The 8 core components of AWS are listed below:
- Amazon cluster
- Management and security
- Implementation and management
- Application services
Ques 12. What are the 3 types of load balancers in EC2?
Ans 12. The 3 types of load balancers in EC2 are:
- Application Load Balancer: These balancers are designed to make routing decisions at the application layer.
- Network Load Balancer: Network load balancer handles millions of requests per second and helps in making routing decisions at the transport layer.
- Classic Load Balancer: Classic Load Balancer is mainly used for applications built within the EC2-Classic network. It offers basic load balancing at varying Amazon EC2 instances.
Ques 13. What do you mean by Elastic Beanstalk?
Ans 13. Elastic Beanstalk is an orchestration service by AWS, used in EC2, S3, Simple Notification Service, CloudWatch, autoscaling, and Elastic Load Balancers (the AWS applications). It is the fastest and simplest way to deploy application using either AWS Management Console, a Git Repository, or an Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
Ques 14. Explain how the buffer is used in Amazon Web Services?
Ans 14. The buffer is used to make the system robust in order to manage traffic or load by synchronizing different components.
Ques 15. Explain the advantages of AWS’s Disaster Recovery (DR) solution.
Ans 15. The advantages of AWS’s Disaster Recovery (DR) solution are as following:
- Cost-effective backup, storage, and DR solution, helps companies to reduce their capital expenses
- Fast set-up time and greater productivity gains
- AWS helps companies to scale up even during seasonal fluctuations
- It imitates on-premises data to the cloud
- It ensured the fast retrieval of files
PS: This is also among the most popular AWS interview questions asked in an AWS interview.
Ques 16. Mention the possible connection issues you encounter when connecting to an EC2 instance?
Ans 16. Following are the possible connection issues you encounter when connecting to an EC2 instance:
- Server refused key
- Connection timed out
- Host key not found; permission denied
- Unprotected private key file
- No supported authentication method available